Thursday, July 23, 2015

Vacation

Let me start off by saying, I am a die-hard National Lampoon Vacation fan. Vegas Vacation is one of my favorite movies of all time.

They are back and are making a new and updated Vacation movie centered on Rusty Griswold who is all grown up. Rusty's family is tired of the same old vacation so he decides to go back to his roots and take the family on a road trip to Wally's World. The 2,500 mile journey from Chicago to LA isn't easy and comes with many shenanigans. Some sentiments from the older films come up too. I won't say too much not to give anything away.

Rusty is played by Ed Helms. Not only is Helms perfectly casted for the role but the entire cast is great. Christina Applegate plays his wife and Audrey (Rusty's sister) is played by Leslie Mann. They stuck to the original Chevy Chase and Beverly D'angelo for Clark and Ellen Griswold, undoubtedly a great decision.

Vacation is hilarious and just as good as the original four films. I love the small celebrity cameos. This film is definitely worthy of its 'R' rating with lots of F bombs and full frontal female and male nudity. Vacation will be enjoyed by both the original fans and new ones who don't know much about the franchise. But as an added bonus I definitely suggest you check out the original ones:
National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)
European Vacation (1985)
Christmas Vacation (1989)
Vegas Vacation (1997)*
*My personal favorite--a must see.

I'll be seeing Vacation again when it hits theaters on July 29, 2015.

SEE IT!


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment