Monday, February 23, 2015

2015 Oscars Wrap Up

2015 Oscars Hits and Misses
This year's nominees didn't set a high bar. All the films nominated were not that moving or amazing. Nothing wowed me or pulled me in. Here are my hits and misses from the night.

Best Actress-Miss :( 
Patricia Arquette gave a below average performance. Her acting was not one-of-a-kind or anything special. Side note; the nomination of Emma Stone was single handily the worst move of the night.

Musical Performances- Hit :)
While I was mortified The Lego Movie wasn't nominated for Best Animated Feature Film, I was ecstatic to see Tegan and Sara perform 'Everything is Awesome.' Great appearance by The Lonely Island as well. Who knew Lady Gaga has such an amazing voice? I didn't. Wow I am impressed. 

Best Actor- Hit :)
Eddie Redmayne was the most deserving win of the night. He epitomizes what acting really is. He first stood out to me in 2011's My Week With Marilyn. He is going places and will only earn bigger and better roles. He was smart and fortunate to land such a unique and difficult role like Steven Hawkings. 

Host- Miss :(
Neil Patrick Harris was not as great of a host. I expected more from him. He wasn't ready to host such a big event. Then again it's difficult to out perform hosts like Billy Crystal and Ellen Degeneres. His jokes were stiff and lacked fluidity. 

Best Picture- Miss :(
Birdman was definitely not worthy of best picture. While I enjoyed most of the cast and loved the cinematography, it was not deserving of Best Picture. 

Overall the Oscars was a major drag, which was no surprise. Until next year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment